Saturday, June 10, 2006

One Year

This is the one-year anniversary of this blog. I have written one entry a week for a year, fifty-two entries total. Over that short time, one thing which I have noticed is that some games have very loyal followings. DROD and Laser Tank come to mind. These games have large numbers of fans who make new levels, give hints, suggest improvements, and generally form a community around the game. This is almost always a sign that it is great game.

Other games, often great ones, do not have the same following. I do not really understand this. So, this week, I am going to try to help some deserving games out. Below is a list of nine games which I have written about over the last year and do not have large followings. I want everyone who reads this blog to pick one game which they have enjoyed playing and make a set of ten levels for it. Think of it as giving back to the community.

Once you have made, tested, tweaked, refined, and perfected your new ingenious level set, send it to the developer and to me. I will update this page with all the new levels and give people credit. Let's see how much of an impact we can make.

If there is a great logic/puzzle game out there which is not on the list, does not large following, and you want to make a level set for it instead of one of the games listed below, tell me about it.

Zeps Dreamland

Aargon Deluxe

Touch Puf

Babala

Snake Slider

Paradoxion

Puck

Puzzle Bunnies

Nuclear Age




There are two other games for which I want more levels to play, but they do not come with level editors. So, if you want to perform some serious community service, decode the file format, write a level editor, and make a set of levels for one of these two.


Bod Blob

Hex-a-hop


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home