Friday, December 15, 2006

Updates

I spent the week going through my old blog entries and seeing which games had been updated since I wrote about them. Some have had serious updates; others just minor patches. In either case, it is good sign when a game is being actively updated. It shows that the developer and programmers care.

Kiki the Nano Bot

One the best gaming moments of 2006 for me was the release of Kiki the Nano Bot version 1.0.2 with 27 additional levels. Actually, it came out in late 2005, but it took me a while to notice. Kiki is a great game, but just as I was getting used the movement and rules in the previous version, the game ended. The additional levels are pure heaven and make Kiki a much better game.

Enigma

Version 1.0 came out in the last couple of weeks. I have not played with it much. It contains over 200 new levels. The interesting new feature is a system for recording/submitting of times. Now each level comes with a best time and par time, and you can submit your best times. They also reordered the levels a bit, but did not create a thinkers only level set which I would have liked.

Armadillo Run

Version 1.0.3 contains many small improvements. These improvements show that the author listens to the players and cares. Definitely download this update if you have purchased the game. Also, be sure to download some of the user designed levels.

Eets

Version 1.03 is now available. Among the many improvements is a reply feature. Also, after some number of failed attempts on a level, a "show solution" button will appear if you want move on to a new level. Plus, there are now over 200 user made levels.

CuberXtreme

The renamed Cubrius has added one level pack. I am a little disappointed that there have not been more new levels.

Rocks'n'Diamonds

In August, version 3.2.2 came out.

Babala

While still technically in beta, version 0.4.0 is now out. This includes some new levels and the ability to download/upload global high scores for each level. See how well you are really doing.

Simple Sudoku

I don't understand why people pay $20 for a sudoku program when this one is free. Version 4.2i came out within the last week.

Tube Twist

The Tube Twist Quantum-Flux Edition can be purchased right now. Their site claims to have a patch/update in the works for those of us who purchased the game. However, they have been claiming for the last nine months to be working on experiment packs for us. So, I am not going to hold my breath on this update.

Puzzle Bunnies

This is my little puzzle game. Version 0.3 contains twenty some odd new levels and a couple of bug fixes. Email me if you would like a copy. I am working on setting up a website.

Robocode

Just this week, version 1.2.2 was released.

Deadly Rooms of Death

DROD: Journey to a Rooted Hold was my Game of the Year for 2005. In 2006, they kept patching those small bugs that pop up. The current version is 2.0.14. There are also an enormous number of user made holds to play. Also in 2006, DROD: King Dugan's Dungeon was released. It is essentially the original DROD: Architects' Edition with improved graphics and audio. They are now working on DROD: The City Beneath. Check out the progress bar on the CaravelNet Forum page.

GNU Backgammon

One of the best computer backgammon programs in the world keeps improving. The current version is 0.15.

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello! I love bod blob game, but I need help to solve level 16.
Can you help me? Thank's.


My name is Mary posa

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Let's move the discussion of Mary's question to the Bob Blob entry.

--Jimmy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home