Monday, November 26, 2007

YHexoban

Title: YHexoban
Author: George Petrov
License: freeware
Website: http://geocities.com/ygp_bg/hexoban.html

I only have time for a quick one this week. A couple of weeks ago ran across this page on hexoban. As the name suggests, hexoban is sokoban on a hexagonal grid. I have never been a huge fan of sokoban, but I did enjoy this variant, maybe even more than the original.



YHexoban is a great implementation of hexoban. Left click to move. Click on a ball and the possible target hexes for that ball will appear. Click on the hex to push the ball to that hex. Right click to undo. Multiple right clicks for multiple undos.

It comes with 5 level collections designed by different authors. There are 48 levels in total. Any level can be played at anytime. YHexoban keeps track of your progress. There are also 5 different skins. Be sure to read the ReadMe.txt.

The auto movement of the balls is really handy. It finds the optimal route to that hex. This saves a lot of tedious clicking. However, a couple of times, I wanted to take a suboptimal route so that my guy ended up in a different area. In those cases, I had to push one at a time. I wish I could also select the end hex for my guy.

Free, no bugs, fun. Unless you are morally opposed to sokoban, download and enjoy.

My favorite sokoban program for the PC is Sokoban YASC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home